Would you please follow me to your table?
We serve recipes for one person.
On today’s menu
200g/7oz spaghetti, uncooked
2 garlic cloves, smashed
2 anchovy fillets, chopped
15ml/1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
200g/7oz diced tomatoes
60g/4 tbsp olives pitted
15g/1 tbsp capers
A pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
salt, to taste
fresh grated Parmesan, for serving
- Preheat oil in a skillet to medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add anchovies and cook for another minute.; next, add the tomatoes, olives, capers, salt and red pepper flakes. Bring the dish to a boil, reduce heat to low, cook for 15 minutes.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook for 6-7 minutes, until al dente.
- Drain pasta and add to the sauce. Toss well to coat, serve topped with Parmesan.
2 egg yolks
15g/1 tbsp sugar
60ml/4 tbsp Marsala wine
2.5g/0.5 tsp grated lemon peel
80g/3oz heavy cream, whipped
1 pinch ground cinnamon
1 drop vanilla extract
- Add egg yolks with the sugar to a heatproof pan, whisk. Add the lemon peel, cinnamon and vanilla; mix well. Add wine and mix again.
- Fill half of a pot with water and boil over medium heat. Place the pan with egg mixture on top and whisk for a light, fluffy mixture.
- Wisk the mixture until triple in volume; it will look pale.
- Whisk the heavy cream, then add to the custard and gently fold together. Serve with berries or cookies.
Would you like some more of our Italian recipes?
You will find them in our shop. https://margot-bem.com/ebooks/books/italian-for-one//